Play Diablo 2 in Parallel

Ok.. It is not that straight forward for me to get my Diablo 2 to play correctly in Mac Parallel.

Why Parallel? Because I can't find a way to install Diablo 2 in Lion OS...

I encounter 2 issues when I tried to launch Diablo 2 in Parallel after I had installed it via BootCamp

Before going into it, I do recommend that you allow Diablo 2 to run as administrator

1. Locate your Diablo installation folder
2. Right click Diablo II.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility Tab -> Check "Run this program as an administrator"
3. Click Ok

Problem 1: When starting Diablo 2 in Parallel, this error appear - "Error 25: Acritical error has occurred while initializing Direct3D"

This happens because Direct3D is not setup or using a old configuration

Solution:

1. Go to Start Menu -> Diablo II -> Video Test
2. Perform Video Test. It will run DirectX testes on your parallel machine.
3. At the end of the test, select Direct3D option that using your Parallel video adaptor.

Problem 2:  Graphic rendering issue during in-game in Full Screen.

After you create the game, you will see "graphic distortion" in your game. Basically, your game is not playable due to graphic issues.

Solution:

For me, I run Diablo 2 in Window mode. Due to the age of the game (best resolution is 800x600), it has some display issue when it goes into full screen. Change to window mode with the following

1. Open the properties of Diable II shortcut. Go to Start Menu -> Diablo II.
2. Right click Diablo II shortcut -> Properties
3. At Shortcut tab -> Target, you will see something like "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe". Note: this can be varies based on your Diablo 2 installation folder
4. Change the value of Target field to  "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w
5. -w is a switch to tell Diable II to launch in Window mode.
6. Click Ok and Start Diablo II with the amended shortcut. You should see Diablo II launch in Window mode and the graphic issue should be gone.


Comments

  1. whats your mac configuration,,r u running lion??? and which window version do u have,( window xp,vista or 7)??? and 32 or 64bit???

    ReplyDelete
  2. MacBook Pro with Lion and parallel with Win 7. Both 64 bits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cant edit the target field? please help :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to be an adaministrator for the PC

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you give me more information about your system and error?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i tried the run as admin thing and it came up with a compabitabilty error. cant edit the field as explained before, and nothing i found works, but i really just need to know how to post in that feil and it will work i bet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then my suggestion is delete that shortcut and create a new one from diablo.exe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also trying to run diablo 2 using parallels with Lion and windows 7 but I keep getting error message 22 and i tried downloading direct x and it did not fix the problem. any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems to be video/audio card issue..

    Update your driver and try

    http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/driverupdates

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I'm also getting an error 22 but... I have no idea how to update my driver. Running dxdiag tells me my video driver on the emulated OS is vga.dll... How do I update that?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really depend on what video driver your machine is using.. as mention earlier.. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/driverupdates will give you sufficient information to update the video driver as well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts